Sunday, November 28, 2010

Failed Daily Paintings and New Challenge

I have missed a few daily paintings. A couple days I didn't do any painting at all. And there were a few paintings I did do, but didn't post -- I felt that they didn't turn out right. I was thinking about posting the mistakes anyway, but I'm a little nervous about that. I remember reading somewhere ~ "not everything an artist does is a work of art" ...  but, on the other hand, maybe it's best to share, and thereby learn from the mistakes. I'm sure even the master painters burned a few omelettes here and there. It's the process of attempting, learning, and moving on that I find to be the really interesting part of being an artist.

I hereby promise to show my mistakes. But not today. (!) I left my camera at my friend's and my phone takes terrible pictures. But I will start posting paintings soon. No more skipping days. Anything painted during the day is fair game, and nothing will be edited out just because I don't like it or it's not finished. Scary.

Now for the challenge. This is for the week of

November 28th to December 5th.

Post something you painted recently that you don't like. I will be doing it too so no need to be shy here. If this challenge is not your cup of tea, then post a work you really like but is not finished. Or a painting you really like that was a result of a mistake, a smudge that ended up looking like a cat - kind of thing. And as always, have fun! Next challenge will be announced December 5th.

Any previous challenges are also fair game, just write which challenge you are posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment