Tuesday, November 16, 2010

So the Challenge Begins

The idea of being a daily painter is something that has intriqued me for a few years now. I have been following a couple daily painters and love to watch the progression of artistic skill. More than that, I love to follow the everyday struggles we artists have in making art. The daily painters give us an aesthetic journal of these struggles. Setting up a challenge to post everyday will keep me focused, force me to complete one thing a day, and reflect on the process everyday. That is my hope for this daily challenge.

I feel my challenge also has to have a direction, or a limit. I will paint smaller paintings. They will range somewhere inbetween 4 inches to 10 inches in any direction. I want to paint in acrylics, watercolors, pastels, and oil paints; either in combination or alone.

I also want to open this up to my artists group. I would love that have my group join this challenge in someway and post along with me. I'm not sure yet how to do this but I will find a way.

Well, that's my idea. I'm not going to pick an official start day yet, but there will be one.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally in...even though I can't seem to navigate the whole google blog thing...arghhh. But I Love This Idea. And I'm thrilled to participate in any way you'd like!

    ReplyDelete